Resources for Job Seekers
Please click here for a listing of available jobs and trainings in Alameda, as well as other resources.
Workplace Safety and Health
The Division of Occupational Safety and Health, better known as Cal/OSHA, helps protect workers from health and safety hazards in almost every workplace in California. Cal/OSHA provides free safety and health assistance to employers to improve their health and safety programs.
- Visit Cal/OSHA for information about workplace safety and health.
- File a confidential workplace safety complaint.
- File a whistleblower complaint if you suffer retaliation for reporting a workplace safety hazard
- Report a workplace accident as required by law.
- Obtain free consultation services from Cal/OSHA.
- Contact Cal/OSHA at 1-844-522-6734.
The California Labor Commissioner’s Office promotes economic justice through robust enforcement of labor laws. By combating wage theft, protecting workers from retaliation, and educating the public, the Labor Commissioner’s Office helps put earned wages into workers’ pockets and helps level the playing field for law-abiding employers.
- Visit the Labor Commissioner’s Office to learn about employers’ responsibilities under the California labor code.
- File a wage claim and learn about labor rights.
- Report labor law violations.
- File a retaliation or discrimination complaint.
- Learn about wage theft, including employers’ responsibilities and workers’ rights
- Contact the Labor Commissioner’s Office at 1-844-522-6734 or EmploymentStatus@dir.ca.gov.