The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) supports eligible low-income households struggling to afford monthly internet service. This critical program ensures that households have the connections they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
Families are encouraged to apply for these benefits:
- A discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer or tablet from participating providers.
The ACP is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household. Multiple households may be eligible at a single address. For more information on which households are eligible, visit the ACP's households page.
Who Is Eligible to Receive ACP Support?
To qualify, one member of the household must meet one of the below criteria:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines;
- Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in any of the following Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Head Start, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income program.
For more information on eligibility, visit the Federal Communications Commission website.
There are two steps to get your ACP benefit; apply now and save!
- Go to AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Once approved, contact your preferred participating provider. To enroll in the ACP, select a plan and the discount will be applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to enroll.
If you have any questions about eligibility or application status, please reach out to the ACP Support Center at (877) 384-2575.